« MetroSpokane Tipline: Empty shell at 14th and Wall | Main | METROSPOKANE DiY: MetroSpokane Photo Pool »

Comments

PreserveThis!

Actually, Morris & Co. were meat packers out of Chicago. They had this building built as its local distributor in 1911, and occupied it until 1916. Built prior to the Northern Pacific grade separation in 1915, the architect presumably anticipated the change in the 2-story design. Michael & Jones Packing Co. wholesale meats, later known as M & J Packing Co. whole sale meats, occupied the building from 1922 to 1939. Beginning in 1934, M & J shared the space with Pacific Packing Co. wholesale meats, predecessor of the current occupant, Pacific Pak Ice wholesale.

The comments to this entry are closed.

feeds

proud sponsors

photo pool

  • www.flickr.com
    photos in Metrospokane Visit & contribute to the Metrospokane photo-pool